People cannot afford to pay for utilities: 36% of the population are dependent upon the subsidies. Further increase puts more than 60% of the population below the poverty line – that is every second family. Such a dramatic increase in tariffs at a time when poverty has reached a critical level is economically unreasonable and unnecessary.
“Being a constructive opposition “Samopomich” offers an alternative way: to focus on improving the welfare of the people – for them to have enough money not only to pay the bills.
– To increase the living wage up to the actual level of about 3 thousand hryvnias.
– To amend the taxation system, encouraging business to keep earnings in Ukraine.
– To regulate the system of remuneration of labour of public employees (to eliminate the disparities – so that there will be no separate categories that receive benefits as opposed to doctors and teachers).
– To eliminate the essential disparity in the remuneration of labour as compared to the average salary; for example, when there are high salaries in the aviation industry, the financial and insurance sectors, and at the same time some super-low ones in the spheres of courier and postal services for example.
– To allocate public funds for improvement in employment.
– To eliminate abuses in the export and import of goods,” said MP from “Samopomich”, Aliona Babak, during the round table “Will Ukrainians survive another tariff increase?” organized by Gorshenin Institute.